Pediatric Pulmonary Center
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Faculty and Staff
Brad Troxler, MD, Director and Medical Faculty
Wynton Hoover, MD Medical Faculty
Claire Lenker, MSW, LCSW, Co-Director and Social Work Faculty
Valerie Tarn, MS, RD, Training Director and Nutrition Faculty
Stephanie Gamble, RRT, EMT, Respiratory Care Faculty
Theresa Rodgers, CRNP, DNP, Nursing Faculty
Linda Russo, MAE, Family Leader Faculty
Leslie Jones, Education Coordinator Faculty
- Was a member of one of five teams in the first cohort of the MCHB-funded Diversity in MCH Training: A Peer Learning Collaborative, 2009-2010.
- Collaborates with the University of Florida PPC to provide synchronous video-linked distance education classes on MCH core topics as part of the two programs didactic curricula.
- Provides field experience for students in the MCH Pipeline Training Program at Alabama State University, a historically black college and university.
- Co-sponsors an annual teleconference with the Alabama Department of Public Health on a pediatric pulmonary topic, with continuing education provided.
- Provides continuing education program for the school nurses of Jefferson County Board of Education through continuing education event, planned and executed by the interdisciplinary trainees.
The Pediatric Pulmonary Center
1600 7th Avenue South, Lowder 620
Birmingham, Alabama 35233
Phone: (205) 638-9583 / Fax: (205) 975-5983