Pediatric Pulmonary Division
University of Wisconsin
The mission of the Pediatric Pulmonary Center at the University of Wisconsin (UW PPC) is to develop leaders who will improve the health of children with respiratory conditions through the provision of family-centered care.
The UW PPC maintains five main goals:
- Provide interdisciplinary leadership training for graduate and post graduate professionals.
- Provide services to children by facilitating family-centered, community based, culturally sensitive, comprehensive care.
- Pursue basic science and clinical research relevant to pediatric lung disease.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance in the planning and coordination of services at the local, state, regional and national levels.
- Provide relevant regional and national continuing education for health care professionals at all levels.
Faculty and Staff
Mary Schroth, MD, Program director
Mary Marcus, MS, RD, Co-director and Nutrition Faculty
DB Sanders, MD, Pediatric Pulmonary Faculty
Camilla Matthews, MD , Sleep Medicine Education Coordinator
Lori Anderson, PhD, RN, CPNP, Nursing Faculty
Darci Pfeil, RN, APNP, Nursing Faculty
Rhonda Yngsdal-Krenz, MBA, RRT, Perinatal/Pediatric Respiratory Care Specialist
Craig Becker, MSSW, CICSW, Social Work Faculty
Leslie Lord, MS, Administrator and Outreach Specialist
- An on-line, three-credit graduate course on interdisciplinary, coordinated care of children with chronic illness is offered during the academic year. This competency-based course offers health care students in pediatrics, nursing, pharmacy, social work, nutrition, child and family studies, and respiratory therapy the opportunity to interact with faculty from these disciplines.
- PPC faculty and trainees are involved in collaborative projects with other maternal and child health related programs in Wisconsin, including Healthy and Ready to Work, Emergency Medical Services for Children, Wisconsin Asthma Coalition, and the Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program.
Clinical Sciences Center, room E5/417
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, Wisconsin 53792-9988
phone (608) 262-7457
FAX (608) 262-3553